Self Catering in Gansbaai
While the coastal town of Gansbaai might be off the beaten track, locals fondly refer to it as the hidden Gem of the Overberg. Internationally known as the shark cage diving capital, Gansbaai has earned itself a prominent name in the adventure and adrenalin junky circles. But great white sharks are not the only attraction; set amongst a pristine natural environment Gansbaai has a world of treasures and secrets. Only two hours from Cape Town with a range of Gansbaai self catering accommodation it is the affordable weekend getaway from the city.
Little can compare to the picturesque Fynbos Retreat. Located on the world renowned Grootbos Private Nature Reserve and nestled between the fynbos clad hills, the natural landscape invites a sense of wonder and revitalises body and mind. With the ocean a stone’s throw away and a nature reserve on your doorstep there never needs to be a dull moment . . . unless of course you so wish.
Why choose Fynbos Retreat
- A more convenient and naturally inspired weekend getaway will be hard if not impossible to find
- Only two hour’s drive from Cape Town. Click on the link for MAP & DIRECTIONS
- Cheap and affordable self catering accommodation in Gansbaai
- Fully equipped and furnished with a awesome outside entertainment area that overlooks the dam (braai places, pizza oven, big dining tables)
- Big selection of things to do and outdoor activities right on your doorstep (hiking trails, mountain biking, 4x4, swimming, and more)
- Close to shark cage diving in Gansbaai, whale watching in De Kelders & Hermanus, wine routes (Stanford, Elim & Hemel n Aarde) and around the corner from the Southern Tip of Africa
- Caring and helpful assistance of hosts Perdita & Jan (Jan is also a certified South African Field guide)
What you need to know
- Fynbos Retreat is located in the Grootbos Private Nature Reserve.
- Arum Lily House- Fully equipped house sleeps between twelve and seventeen people. Rate : Up to six guests R1860. Over six R310 p/p/n
- Fountain Bush Cottage - Fully equipped house sleeps maximum of eleven people. R1770 per night up to six guests. Over six R295 p/p/n
-Sewejaartjie - Fully equipped one-bedroom cottage for two. R550 per night.
- Firelighters (R15) and bags of wood (R20) can be purchased from management - honesty system. Cash only - no credit card facility available.
- Catering - Meals can be arranged on a pre-booked basis.
- For larger groups (over 18 people) we can negotiate camping facilities and additional options
- We advise that you do your shopping and bring all your supplies with you (Gansbaai/Stanford/Hermanus are all a short drive away if you do forget something or need to stock up)
- A 4x4 will definitely add to the adventure (some incredible routes nearby) as the road leading to the retreat is gravel, but most cars can access the retreat
- No breakage deposit. Honesty system.